- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Such a yummy spinach and ricotta roll that can be eaten at any time of day or even for a entertaining.
- 1 Large bunch of baby Spinach
- 1 Large brown onion finely diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 sheets Puff Pastry
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 250 grams Ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim stems from Spinach, rinse spinach leaves well and place in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook until leaves are wilted.
- Remove from heat, drain spinach and press firmly to remove excess liquid and chop finely
- Add onion to a frypan and stir until onion turns soft.
- Stir in chopped spinach cook until any liquid has evaporated.
- Add Ricotta continue to stir over head until ingredients are combined.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a bowl and allow to cool slighly. Stir in parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pastry sheets in half. spoon 1/2 cup of spinach mixture along one long edge of pastry and brush the other long edge with egg. roll up to enclose filling and form rolls.
- Place rolls seam side down on a baking dish, brush top with beaten egg and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan cheese. cut each roll diagonally into 4 pieces and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown at 200 Celcius.
- Once cooked cut into desired pieces.