- Serves 16
- 55 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Who doesn’t love sticky date pudding? This pudding is very simple to make and delicious!
This recipe is courtesy of Weight Watchers and has only 5 ProPoints value per serve.
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 180g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g Weight Watchers Canola Spread
- 1⁄2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- Plus 1⁄4 cup (55g) extra brown sugar for sauce
- 2 eggs
- 11⁄2 cups (225g) self-raising flour
- 185ml can reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 cup (250ml) reduced-fat vanilla custard
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced. Lightly spray an 18cm x 28cm slice tin with oil. Place dates and bicarbonate of soda in a heatproof bowl and pour over 1 cup (250ml) boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Using electric beaters, beat the spread, 1⁄2 cup (110g) brown sugar and eggs in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in flour and date mixture. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, stir evaporated milk and remaining brown sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Cut pudding into portions and serve drizzled with sauce and custard.
The pudding (without sauce or custard) is suitable to freeze. Cut cooled pudding into individual portions and wrap each portion in plastic wrap and foil. Label, date and freeze for up to 3 months.