- Serves 12
- 12 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 2x250g Cream cheese (I used homebrand, leave out for an hr or more so it goes soft)
- 300ml Thickened cream (whipped to soft peaks)
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 1tbsp Gelatine
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 80g Butter(melted)
- 150g Sweet biscuits(blend in food processor or as i did a blender)
- 2 punnets Strawberries
- 125ml Water
- 125g Caster sugar
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and pulse to combine. Spray the tin with oil and press the mixture over the base of a 20cm springform pan . Chill for 15 mins or until firm.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Fold in the cream. Whisk the gelatine and hot water in a small bowl until the gelatine dissolves. Stir 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture into the gelatine mixture, then add to the remaining mixture and mix well. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base put in the fridge.
- Place the water and sugar into a pot and bring to the boil place in halved strawberries and cook for 2-3mins, blend till smooth. Cool before pouring over cheesecake and swirling it into the cake put back in the fridge for 3hrs. Slice strawberries and place over cake. Refrigerate for 9hrs or overnight.