- Makes 1
- 5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A traditional British trifle.
Ingredients (makes 1 Trifle)
- 1 packet Red jelly crystals
- 150 mls Sherry or Madeira
- 250 grams Madeira cake
- 600 mls Pouring custard
- 1 punnett Strawberries, halved
- 1 440 mls can Apricot halves
- 50 grams Milk chocolate
- 300 mls Pouring cream
- 1/4 cup Chopped slivered almonds
- Make up the jelly following the instructions on the packet. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set.
- Cut the cake into small chunks and soak in the Madeira or sherry.
- Assemble the trifle, by layering the cake around the base of the bowl.
- Then add a layer of jelly, strawberries, apricots and then custard. Repeat with the cake again and the other layers until finished.
- Whip the double cream with an electric hand whisk until it is firm but still floppy. Use cream for the final layer and decorate with some strawberries, and nuts.