These muffins are one of the dairy and egg free recipes my children enjoy. Yes they don’t have the texture of your usual muffins, but are perfect for people with allergies, and taste great too.
Ingredients (serves 24)
- 3 cups Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Mixed spice
- 2cups Warm water
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon and mixed spice in a large mixing bowl. Mix together
- Make 3 wells in the dry mixture. Pour vinegar in the first well. Pour the vanilla in the second well and the oil in the third well.
- Pour the warm water over the whole mixture.
- Beat on high speed for 1 minute.
- Stir through sultanas.
- Pour mixture in 24 muffin pans. If you are making them in a muffin tray, make sure you spray the tray with oil first.
- Bake until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack, or eat while still warm and enjoy!