- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
This Sweet Paprika Chicken & Roasted Veggies with Creamy Coriander Sauce is a take on the Hungarian national dish ‘chicken paprikash’ and is made with ample amounts of delicious paprika. And the best thing … the creamy sauce is made in the same pan and takes advantage of all the remaining meaty bits to give you a super flavoursome result and easy clean up!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 Single Chicken Breasts
- 4 Potatoes
- 2 Carrots
- 2 tsp Hello Fresh Rustic Herb Spice Blend (or use dried oregano, salt & pepper)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 medium Medium Brown Onion
- 1/2 bunch Coriander
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 150ml Thickened Cream
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Notes... This recipe is proudly brought to you by Hello Fresh. Hello Fresh develops fresh and delicious recipes, sources the best ingredients and delivers it all to your door ... all you have to do is cook it and ENJOY!
- ROAST THE VEGGIES | Chop the potatoes (unpeeled) into wedges and the carrots into 1cm thick rounds. Spread onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (if non stick). Spray or brush lightly with olive oil, sprinkle the Rustic Herb Spice Blend over the top and the season with a little salt. Roast for 20 - 30 minutes until tender and golden.
- GET PREPPED | Peel and crush the garlic. Finely chop the brown onion. Finely chop 3/4 of the coriander. Juice half the lemon and cut the remaining half into wedges.
- BROWN THE CHICKEN | In a medium bowl, season the chicken breast with 1 tsp of sweet paprika and a little salt/pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Heat a large non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Add a little olive oil once hot then cook the chicken breasts for 2 minutes on each side or until just golden. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a plate (the chicken will continue cooking in Step 5.
- MAKE THE SAUCE | Return the frying pan to a medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the brown onion, garlic and other teaspoon of sweet paprika. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until starting to soften. Add the lemon juice and thickened cream. Crumble in the chicken stock cube and add a pinch of pepper. Stir to combine and bring the sauce to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium.
- FINISH THE CHICKEN | Return the chicken and any resting juices to the pan and cover with a lid (or foil). Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 - 14 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper and stir through the chopped coriander.
- SERVE UP | You can either plate up individual plates or arrange on a large serving platter. Place the roast veggies at the bottom, then the chicken breasts. Spoon over the sauce then sprinkle with coriander leaves. Pop the lemon wedges in too and you're ready to go!
Recipe Sweet Paprika Chicken & Roasted Veggies
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.