- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A quick tarragon lemon chicken recipe for the ‘easy’ gourmet dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g chicken drumsticks (skin off preferable)
- 3 medium royal blue potatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 red chilli
- 6 corn cobettes (or two ears of corn cut into thirds)
- 50g butter
- olive oil
- Saute onions and chilli in olive oil until onions soften.
- Add tarragon, stock powder and chicken drumsticks. Saute for two minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, corn cobettes, grated lemon rind, juice of the lemon, butter and half a cup of water.
- Cooking method 1: Bake in oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 190C (in a baking dish covered with foil to retain the moisture). Cooking method 2: Pressure cook for 15 minutes (Meat/Poultry setting on the Philips All-In-One Cooker).
It may not look like much but it tastes delicious! If you want to add some green to your plate, serve with some steamed green beans or broccoli..