This Tomato and Lentil Soup is a slightly different yet delicious soup recipe that’s great for the chill of winter to warm one from the inside out.
The Chorizo really makes this soup a stand out in terms of flavour! My family can’t get enough.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 carrot; finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 20g Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Chorizo, finely chopped
- 400g Can of brown lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 400g Can of diced tomatoes
- 1 Litre of beef stock
- 1 Pinch of pepper
- 1 Pinch of parsley
- Chop up vegetables small (I chopped them in the Kmart pull-chopper).
- Add butter and oil to pot. Cook chorizo till slightly brown and starting to sweat. Remove chorizo from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetables to pot and cook until onion is transparent. Add lentils, tomatoes, stock. Return chorizo to pot. Bring to boil. Once boiling reduce heat to a simmer and put a lid on the pot for approximately 25 minutes.
- Season and top with a pinch of parsley. Ladle into serving bowls.
You can substitute the leek for celery if desired. Serve with crusty bread if desired.