This traditional peach jam is delicious!
- 1 ½ cups peaches - peeled, pitted, chopped, crushed
- Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 420 ml granulated sugar
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 ml butter, optional
- 250 ml Ball® glass preserving jars, lids and bands
- Prepare waterbath preserving pot. Wash jars, lids and bands in hot soapy water. Heat jars in simmering water until ready to use. Do not boil. Set lids and bands aside.
- Wash, peel and pit peaches. Coarsely chop peaches and then crush with a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed peaches and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- Combine prepared peaches and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in Ball® RealFruit™ Pectin. Add butter, if using. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch (6 mm) headspace. Wipe rims. Centre lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- Process filled jars in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove pot lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars, cool and store up to 1 year.