- Serves 8
- Makes 8 - 12
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
This cornbread can be topped with caramelised onions and pan fried jalapeños or, with ground mixed spices and black pepper (as I did) before serving.
Ingredients (serves 8 | makes 8 - 12 Wedges or pieces.)
- 1.5 Cups Cornmeal
- 1/2 Cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 2 Cups Soy / Rice Milk
- 1.5 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Light Olive Oil
- Salt To taste
- 2 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 4 Tbsp Olives, Parsley, Sage and Rosemary, chopped well.
- Turmeric, pinch Just a little pinch for the gorgeous colour.
- 1 tsp Black pepper and mixed spices
- Heat oven to 200 degrees C, and spray baking pan with non stick spray (I used a cast iron skillet with an oven friendly handle). If using a baking pan, it helps to use baking paper, so that the bread can be removed out of the pan easily.
- Whisk the liquid ingredients along with salt together and slowly fold in the flour and cornmeal.
- Add in the chopped olives and herbs.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 30-45 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Check if centre is cooked by poking in a skewer around the 30 minute mark. Grill for a brown crust on top if desired, (I did not grill this time). Once cooked, cool until set before cutting into or, it tends to be hard to get out of the pan in my experience.