- Serves 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
These vegan cupcakes store up to 3 days (by when they have all been eaten), in a cool dry place. If icing the cupcakes like I did, for a party, then best to store in the fridge so the icing doesn’t melt and run.
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 cup Self Raising Unbleached Flour
- 1/2 cup Vegan White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Oil
- 3/4 cup Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Few drops Food Colours - Red, Blue, Green & Orange. Queen brand makes vegan colours.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line cupcake pan with liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar and vanilla essence till well combined.
- Add the oil, Apple Cider Vinegar & Soy Milk.
- Whisk well together for a few minutes until mixed well till smooth. At this stage if wanting to make rainbow cupcakes then drop a few drps of desired colouring into the batter or, proceed with making plain cup cakes.
- Drop approximately 2 Tablesppoons of batter in each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until, a skewer inserted into the centre of a cupcake is clean.
- Cool thoroughly before icing or dip tops in warm melted jam and dust with powdered sugar.