A warning has been issued after a three-year-old boy is in a critical condition after a foam soap “exploded” while he was having a bath.
The young boy was rushed to hospital in Ireland after the incident and his family are praying for him.
His aunt posted a picture of the mouldable soap container on Facebook to spread the word about his injuries.
Submitting your rating…
She wrote: “Our nephew was in the bath tonight (Wednesday) with this Paw Patrol Foam Soap and it exploded.
“He’s been rushed to the hospital and has to go to the Royal. Please please keep him in your thoughts and prayers he’s only 3.”
“The family are remaining with the young boy day and night and just not coping or managing well with the pressures”, said a spokesperson.
She has since told Belfast Live the toddler has “burns to the outside and inside of the body” following the incident.
A spokesman for the Belfast Trust said the little boy is “in the children’s intensive care unit and his condition is critical”.
There has been warning to other parents not to use the foam soap.
The former Mayor also appealed to local retailers to remove the product from their shelves.
He said: “They asked me to share to make sure no other child is badly injured by what can only be described now as dangerous.
“I would certainly make an urgent appeal to retailers presently selling Paw Patrol Foam Soap to take them off the shelves.
“The public health departments need to urgently investigate before a young innocent child loses their life.
A spokesperson for Nickelodeon said: “We are terribly sorry to hear about this dreadful incident and we are gathering more information about the licensed product involved.”
KOKOMO which makes Paw Patrol bath foam has withdrawn the product from sale.
A spokesman for Kokomo, which is responsible for producing the product, said: “Our thoughts are with this little boy and his family. As a precautionary measure, we have suggested to our retailers they withdraw this product from sale while we co-operate with the Trading Standards investigation.”
While this incident may have occurred overseas I am sure I have seen similar products at local discount stores in Australia?
PLEASE be careful if you have similar products.
Share your comments below.