Hello!

3 Comments

A horrified mother has shared confronting images of her young daughter after she suffered a severe allergic reaction to a kids make-up kit.

Kylie Cravens purchased some seemingly “harmless, non-toxic” makeup from a local store in her hometown of Illionois.

She had no idea the suffering her three-year-old daughter was about to endure, shares 7 news.

Within a day of applying the make-up from the set that includes lipstick, blush and lip gloss, little Lydia’s rash, blisters and swelling became so severe she had to be admitted to the local paediatrics unit.

Tried This? RATE IT Now…

Image of Nando’s Mild PERinaise 265g
Nando’s Mild PERinaise 265g

Submitting your rating…

allergic reaction 2

“In 24 hours our little girl went from 100 per cent healthy to her eyes swollen and blistered shut – with a rash all over her body,” Ms Cravens wrote.

“She was unable to eat much for days because of the blistering and cracking of her lips.

“There are 6 different chemicals in this make-up that are commonly known to cause an allergic reaction.. Lydia unfortunately was one of those people.”

makeup kit

Ms Cravens has now issued a warning to other parents to remind them to double check exactly what is in the products they give to their children.

“Please be aware of what you are letting your babies have, especially kids cosmetics so this doesn’t happen to your child,” she added.

“For Tony and I this was definitely an eye opener and we will be more cautious about acknowledging ingredients and educating ourselves on what is good and bad before purchasing from here on out.”

The Facebook post has been shared over 177,000 times.

Last year a Queensland mother claimed a face paint kit she purchased at Woolworths “severely burnt” her son’s skin. Read more HERE.

The ACCC issued a warning to be careful when purchasing cheap face paints and makeup kits due concerns over lead content. READ that here.

REMINDER: It is always important to remember to do a spot check before applying anything to a child’s skin.

Read more:

Share your comments below

  • How unfortunate. The poor little girl must have been in such pain. Things like this should not be allowed on shelves.

    Reply

  • How horrible for them. Personally I would never buy make up packs like that, in fear something like this could happen. You just don’t know what’s in these cheap packs

    Reply

  • Oh, poor little one. What a terrible reaction! Sweetie!!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join