The mother of missing toddler William Tyrrell has denied any role in his disappearance, urging her son’s kidnapper to “let him come home”.
Karlie Tyrrell also said the foster parents looking after her son when he went missing at the age of three had “failed” him and should feel guilty.
“They were responsible for looking after him, and they failed,” Ms Tyrrell said.
“She went inside and made a cup of tea. If that’s the case, like, OK, that’s an accident, and that’s unfortunate, but it doesn’t make any sense to me. Kids don’t just go missing.”
William Tyrrell vanished as he played in his foster grandmother’s front yard on the NSW Mid North Coast the morning of September 12, 2014.
His disappearance sparked a mammoth police investigation and generated widespread public concern.
However, legal restrictions prevented his foster status and the identity of his biological parents being revealed until last year.
Speaking publicly for the first time, Ms Tyrrell told Channel Seven’s Sunday Night she isolated herself as she “felt like the worst mum in the world”.
“And that’s OK, because I know that I do.
“Their judgement doesn’t bother me, really. I’m not a bad person. I’m not a bad mum.”
Ms Tyrrell said she shared the hopes of investigators and some experts that William was still alive, pleading with her son’s kidnapper to not hurt him.
“Just let him come home. Please. It’s not fair. This isn’t fair.”
Share your comments below.