A quick and easy craft with your child on a rainy Saturday afternoon. Tried and tested by a primary school teacher and mum!
- 1 sheet Newspaper
- 1 pack A variety of markers
- 1 Glue stick
- 1 A pair of scissors
- 1 Coloured paper of your choice
- Lay newspaper on your table and draw a simple outline of a cat on it. Draw a tail separately.
- Help your child to carefully cut around the cat and its tail.
- Glue the newspaper cat and tail onto your A4 coloured paper, make sure it’s glued right on the bottom so that it looks like the cat is sitting on the ground
- Use a black marker to draw two almond shaped eyes, a upsidedown triangle mouth, lines for the nose and some whiskers. Add details such as patterns on their tail and body with the black marker.
- Use left over coloured paper, to make a collar to paste on top of the neck area. To make the colour pop, use complementary colours: blue background, orange colour or purple background, yellow colour. And Voila! A sweet newspaper cat!!
Super easy to make!
Tip: if you find the newspaper to be too flimsy, glue it onto another of piece paper first before drawing a cat on it and cutting it. It’s much more durable that way for little hands!