Congratulations Sonja Walker on being contributor of the month for October 2015!
Sonja is a mum, an experienced teacher, presenter and writer, she is also a sought after media commentator.
Sonja is the founder of Kids First Children’s Services, an early intervention and education service that helps children to overcome challenges and go on to lead happy, confident lives. In one convenient location in Sydney’s northern beaches, Sonja leads a multi-disciplinary team of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Child Psychologists and qualified teachers who offer the most comprehensive range of paediatric health, therapy and learning support services in Northern Sydney.
Kids First assists children of all ages and abilities and Sonja’s team also has vast experience supporting children with disabilities and other special needs. Sonja is particularly committed to supporting families in the community and coordinates Kids First’s wide variety of free programs for parents and professionals, including its sought after Community Service Seminars and training workshops for early educators. She ensures that the majority of Kids First’s services are eligible for Medicare and health fund rebates and is a popular teacher in Kids First’s after school tuition and school readiness programs.
Here are some of the fabulous articles that Sonja has shared with you:
- School Readiness: Using your child’s favourite characters
- School Readiness: How to make a social story for your child
- School readiness: Self-care skills for your school starter
- School readiness: Developing your child’s scissor and cutting skills
- School readiness: How to help your child develop a good pencil grip
- School readiness: The things your child avoids
- School readiness: How to help your child with gross motor skills
- School readiness: How to build your child’s motor coordination
- School readiness: How to help your child to be assertive
- School readiness: Supporting your child’s social skills
- School readiness: How to help your child be ready to read
- School Readiness: How to encourage your child’s pre-literacy skills
- School readiness: The sounds your child should be able to say
- School readiness: Supporting your child’s communication skills
- School readiness: How to help your child cope with change
- School readiness: Overcoming separation
- School readiness: What does the teacher expect of my school starter?
- School readiness: Does your child’s age affect their school readiness?
- School readiness – Building children’s independence in time for school
- School readiness – is your child ready to start school next year?