Hello!

8 Comments

FATHER worried about his children discovered the bodies of six teenagers in a shed.

The group of teens were between the ages of 18 and 19 and had met up the previous evening apparently for a party in the shed on the remote plot of land in the German town of Arnstein in Bavaria, reports Daily Telegraph.

The father was concerned as he hadn’t heard from his children by morning, so he went to check if everything was alright. He found the bodies of his children and their friends in the hut, police said, and called emergency services.

The fire brigade and a physician were rushed to the site, but the teenagers were already dead.

Police said the cause of death was unclear, but there was no evidence of a violent crime.

In the building there was a wood-fired heater that had previously been lit, leaving open the possibility that carbon monoxide poisoning could have killed the youths.

“There are many other possibilities, and this is clear speculation,” said the authorities in the Lower Franconia district, east of Frankfurt.

An autopsy to confirm the cause of death could take several days.

Carbon monoxide

CO is a gas that’s both odorless and colorless. It’s found in combustion (exhaust) fumes produced by:

heaters
fireplaces
car mufflers
space heaters
charcoal grills
car engines
portable generators

Everyone is exposed to small amounts of carbon monoxide throughout the day. However, inhaling too much of it can cause CO poisoning.

Share your comments below.

Related content:

 Getty photo

  • Very sad and tragic story,my thoughts are with the family.

    Reply

  • A tragedy. How long will it take to find out what actually caused it.
    I find it hard to beleive that it is claimed that exhaust fumes from cars aren’t smelt.
    I have not heard of a vehicle fuel that the exhaust fumes can’t be smelt unless it applies to solar or electric motors. You can smell all grades of petrol, diesel, LPG and Natural Gas in vehicles. You can smell the fumes when vehicles are running on the normal gas used in them. I’m not sure you would smell a gas leak from the aircondtioning system in your vehicle. It can be very difficult to find even for a professional.


    • In the building there was a wood-fired heater that had previously been lit, leaving open the possibility that carbon monoxide poisoning could have killed the youths.

      Possibly carbon monoxide poisoning from the wood-fired heater not a car.

    Reply

  • Oh my! What a shocking discovery! :-(

    Reply

  • So sad for the families involved.

    Reply

  • So extremely sad. I cannot imagine the grief these families are going through. My deepest condolences.

    Reply

  • How devastating t find your kids and their friends like this !!
    My thoughts and prayers go out to do the families.

    Reply

  • We have a CO reading meter in our home. Will probably never need, but it’s on anyway

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join