The Easter long weekend is usually a time for family and friends but also too much chocolate and Hot Cross Buns!

There are a number of things you can do to keep your health & fitness in check:

  • Get up in the morning and exercise before all the fun of the day begins! Organise to meet a friend or training buddy and go for a power walk or run. Once you have exercised you will feel great for the rest of the day and if you happen to have an Easter treat, you don’t have to feel guilty about having it!
  • If you exercise regularly, why not use the Easter break to do something different? If you usually run, why not try some stairs or hills or go for a bike ride.  If you are new to exercise, today is the day to try something new!
  • Use the Easter long weekend to involve your family in exercise. If you have bikes, all go for a ride together. Go for a walk with the kids on their bikes or scooters. Take them to the park and run around with them. Play cricket or football in the backyard. Find somewhere new to explore.
  • You can do your pelvic floor exercises anywhere at any time, so no excuses on this one! Every time you reach for an Easter egg or Hot Cross Bun, do 10 Pelvic Floor Squeezes. For more information on pelvic floor muscles and how to strengthen them, click here
  • If you are on holidays, even better! Hopefully you will have a bit more YOU time! You don’t need to take loads of equipment with you, just your training gear. Go for a walk or a run, if you are near the beach, walk/run on the sand, or go for a swim! If you want to do some strength training, use your body weight. If you are out for a walk or run and are worried about getting lost – run for a certain amount of time in one direction, turn around and aim to get back to the starting point faster!
  • Keeping up your fitness over the Easter period is important, but if you exercise regularly, it is OK to take a break for a few days!
  • If you are on a journey to become fitter and healthier, remember the 80/20 rule – 80% of your result is what you put in your mouth, the other 20% is exercise.
  • If you are a mum of school children and will find it hard to get to fit your regular gym workouts or run in over the school holidays, why not try Mummy Bootcamp @ Home? http://www.mummybootcampathome.com.au
  • Rather than buying chocolate and eggs for family and friends, what about cute little practical gifts instead?
  • Or rather than treating yourself with chocolate, what about a massage, facial, manicure or pedicure. Or some new shoes or clothes?
  • Watch your portion size – have 1 small Easter egg, rather than a couple (or more!) and have 1 Hot Cross Bun, rather than
  • Another great idea this Easter is to make your own Easter treats. There are so many benefits to making your own, such as:
    • You know all the ingredients that have gone in
    • You know there isn’t any additives, preservatives
    • You can reduce the amount of sugar that goes in, or make a healthier sweetener choice

Easter giveaway:

Mummy Bootcamp @ Home is giving away 3 Bootcamps this Easter! Comment below on why you think you should win a bootcamp – by 9am Thursday 28th March 2013 and the best 3 entries will win!

For more details on Mummy Bootcamp @ Home visit www.mummybootcampathome.com.au


We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • Great tips and lots of common sense. Thanks for sharing.


  • These are some really great tips. It is so important to get out there


  • great to get family fitness in


  • Thanks for sharing this interesting article.


  • Great tips, thank you for the article :)


  • Wonderful practical advice to keep healthy during easter, love my walks. thanks for sharing


  • Have an easter egg hunt in the park and take your bikes so you get to have a bit of fun and exercise along with all the choccies.


  • we try to take a morning walk before any big event


  • I love going for walks and exploring places we have never been during the holidays, its alway more fun to go on walks as a family


  • we did much better at keeping active this year


  • We did really well this year and had an active fun filled Easter


  • Thanks for some good advice on how to stay healthy.


  • This is some great advice.


  • Wonderful advice, a very motivational article.


  • Easter is coming up soon!


Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like


Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating