- Serves 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This dish has everything you need for a popular weeknight meal. It’s quick and easy, with satisfying pasta, golden strips of chicken breast, plenty of feel-good veggies and big classic flavour thanks to the simple additions of capers, garlic and basil. It’s a dinner that will hit the mark at the end of a long day.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 skinless free range chicken breasts
- 500g linguine
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g capers
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 40g fresh basil
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Finely chop or crush the garlic. Coarsely chop the tomatoes. Drain the capers and coarsely chop. Trim the beans and cut into 3cm lengths. Put the chicken onto a board. Put your hand on top and slice in half horizontally through the middle then cut chicken widthwise into strips.
- Bring a medium/ large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Heat 1tbs of olive oil in a large deep frypan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook 2 batches for 2-3 mins, tossing the pan, until lightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs olive oil, the garlic and chilli flakes to the same pan and cook for 1 min or until lightly golden. Stir in the tomatoes and 125ml (½ cup) water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium then cover and cook for 6-8 mins, scraping the base of the pan with a wooden spoon occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the linguine in the pan of boiling water for 8 mins or until almost al dente. Add the beans and cook for a further 2 mins or until tender. Reserve 125ml (½ cup) cooking liquid then drain.
- Return the chicken to the frypan with the capers and sugar, season with salt and pepper then mix well to combine. Cook for a further 1-2 mins until the chicken is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, tear the basil leaves then stir into the sauce, reserving some leaves for serving. Add the pasta and beans and toss well to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the pasta among bowls and scatter with remaining basil to serve.