- Serves 8
- 55 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
With the festive season kicking in, it’s time to pull out all the stops when it comes to cooking, especially with desserts. Often however, it’s easy for vegans to get the short end of the stick when it comes to food options at holiday gatherings. But with recent research indicating that Australia will continue as the third fasted growing vegan market in the world, it’s clear this once fleeting trend is here to stay and more Aussies may be looking for vegan friendly options at the Christmas table this year.
Making it easy to add a vegan option to your Christmas festivities this year, NOMO Chocolate has shared a recipe for the most delectable vegan chocolate mousse cake that is no hassle to make and will have all of your guests (even those that aren’t vegan) impressed. You can ensure you cater to all your friends and family this year by creating the mousse cake with no hassle at all.
Available at Big W for just $4.50 for 82g, the chocolatey hero of the recipe – NOMO’s Hazelnot Choc Bar will ensure a creamy taste to the mousse cake and leave your friends and family wanting more! On top of this, NOMO chocolate is completely nut free and is a perfect alternative Christmas treat for those with nut allergies.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 150g dairy-free & gluten free digestive biscuits
- 50g dairy-free spread, melted
- 300ml soya whipping cream
- 150g NOMO Hazelnot Choc Bar
- Grease and line a springform cake tin.
- Crush the biscuits and add the melted spread and 50g of the melted NOMO Hazelnot Choc Bar. Stir until well combined.
- Press into the base of the cake tin and place in the fridge to set.
- Whip the soya whipping cream on high speed for at least two minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- In a microwave or a Bain Marie melt the NOMO Hazelnot Choc Bar.
- Gently stir the chocolate into the cream until well combined.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and level off the top.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Remove from the tin and decorate as desired.