As mums, energy consumption in the household is always a concern.
Which is why we’re excited to announce the AGL product review of My AGL IQ® – A new online way to track and help reduce your energy usage.
AGL is proud to tell you about a new way to help you achieve your energy savings goals by allowing you to monitor your energy usage.
We’ve made it easy for you to see how much energy you’re using and how this translates to dollars and cents for your household.
My AGL IQ can help you in three important ways.
1. See – how you use energy.
- Track how much energy you are using and how much your usage charges are.
- Compare your usage with Similar Homes*.
- Compare your current bill to previous bill periods.
- See how the temperature can impact your energy usage.
2. Act – make a plan to do something about it.
- Build a personal energy saving action plan.
- Complete your home profile to receive more targeted energy saving advice and tips.
- Set goals and track how you are performing against them.
3. Save – reduce your energy use.
- Reduce your energy use by taking practical steps.
- Reduce your greenhouse gas emissions using energy saving tips.
- Save on your energy bills by reducing your energy use.
Not an AGL customer yet?
If you’re not an AGL customer, you can click here to sign up to a great energy deal in 3 easy steps. Just use this VIP code: aMOMS.
As an AGL customer you’ll receive a great discount on your household electricity and gas market rate usage charges# plus:
- 24/7 Access to AGL Energy Online
- Earn 1 flybuys point per $1 spent on your home energy bills. Simply link your AGL account(s) and flybuys membership and sign-up for AGL Energy Online and eBilling.~
And of course you’ll have 24/7 access to My AGL IQ to track and help reduce your energy usage.
Please note, this is an online offer only and may be subject to change.
To get started, simply log on to AGL Energy Online and you can start filling out your My AGL IQ profile straight away.
If you haven’t registered yet for AGL Energy Online, don’t worry – it’s easy. Remember to have your account number and name as it appears on your bill to complete your online registration. In a few minutes you’ll be on your way to tracking your energy usage.
Smart electricity meters – If you have a smart meter that is not manually read, then your energy usage is updated daily and you can monitor your usage in 60 minute intervals. This means you can see how your usage changes when you turn on your TV, or use your washing machine.
Basic meters - electricity and gas. If you have a manually read electricity meter or a gas meter, your usage information for each billing period is displayed in an easy to read graph. This allows you to compare your energy usage and usage charges to previous billing cycles.
Compare your usage – With My AGL IQ, you are able to compare your usage to Similar Homes* and see if you’re using more or less energy on average. And with a completed home profile we can provide you with more relevant energy saving advice and tips, which are more in line with your energy usage and lifestyle.
Set targets to save – Once you’ve created a home profile and begun monitoring your energy usage, you can start making changes to lower your energy usage and save on your bills. By monitoring your energy usage and bill amounts, setting goals and implementing practical tips, you could reduce your energy usage. If you’re an electricity customer with a smart meter that is not manually read, you could also monitor your bill projections as you go.
It’s as easy as:
- Setting a goal.
- Reducing energy usage by taking practical steps.
- Tracking how you are performing against your goals.
My AGL IQ is free and exclusive to AGL customers and is accessible 24 hours a day via AGL Energy Online to:
- Residential and small business customers.
- Gas and electricity customers^, including solar customers.
- Customers in NSW, QLD, SA and VIC.
- Customers with smart electricity meters, or basic electricity and gas meters.
^My AGL IQ is not available for certain accounts including bulk hot water.
*Similar Homes means homes of AGL customers which, based on data we have collected from various sources and our statistical modeling, we deem to have similar usage characteristics to yours. Our statistical modeling may be recalibrated and refined from time to time. Any comparisons to Similar Homes are based on your current rates. My AGL IQ is a registered trademark of AGL Energy Limited.
#The discounts apply to peak, off-peak and shoulder energy usage charges, and will appear as a separate credit (GST exclusive) on your bills. The discounts do not apply, for example, to fixed daily energy supply charges, demand charges or AGL Green Choice™ charges. Different energy tariffs apply to solar customers. For full details visit agl.com.au/AGLVIPoffer.
~Offers only available in VIC, SA, NSW and those parts of QLD where AGL operates. ActewAGL, Powerdirect and AGL business customers are not eligible for points from AGL. Terms and conditions and eligibility apply. See flybuys.com.au/AGL for more details. Customers must link their AGL household account and flybuys membership, and sign up to AGL Energy Online and eBilling, to receive flybuys points.
Published 17th June 2013