We tend to associate Spring with cleaning and cleansing and this also extends to letting go of unhelpful energy.
‘Holding on’ is physically, emotionally and mentally draining. It blocks the calmness and inner tranquillity that we need to move forward in our lives.
One of the reasons we hold on rather than letting go is that we want others to know that we have been wronged and want that hurt or wrong doing recognised.
However, ‘holding on’ just creates more suffering. ‘Holding on’ is a form of self-punishment, by not letting go, you keep the hurt alive.
Letting go releases us from the pain of past hurts and anger; it gives us clarity and space for love, which helps us to move forward.
How to let go:
First of all decide what it is you want to let go of. It may be an emotion, a fear, a thought, a loss, a person, or a behaviour. Begin with intent, and ask yourself what are you going to let go of? “I let go of anger I have towards my ex-partner.”
The following are some tips to help us with ‘letting go’:
- Accept responsibility for your own life, your happiness, health and actions; and allow other people to do the same.
- Acknowledge and own the emotion ‘I am angry’ by owning the emotion it is your responsibility, the power has been given back to you!
- Connect to and feel the emotion (allow yourself the time) by thinking, writing, drawing, etc. this helps the emotion complete the emotional wave cycle.
- Physically release the emotion; gentle exercise, walking, yoga and deep breathing can all help.
- Energetically release the emotion – Reiki, energy healing, colour therapy etc. helping to release the emotion from your ‘being’.
- Explore the lesson behind the emotion; ask yourself was this a soul lesson I needed to learn; or was this a repeated pattern I needed to become aware of?
- Let go -Understand the lesson – Feel the freedom, calm and peace within.
Remember your spiritual support network is always there to help – God, spirit, universe and angels etc. according to your beliefs. Trust in their ability and willingness to help.
Accept and appreciate that we are all human; be kind to others and to yourself.
Do you have any more tips for ‘letting go’? Please share in the comments below.