Pregnancy – some glow, all grow, and me? I just THROW (up that is).
As I sit here, eating an entire plate of cheese and bikkies desperately willing the nausea go away (FOREVER PLEASE), I started to think about all the good things that pregnancy brings. Like a baby… but that’s where I stopped, you see while I watch my gorgeous friends blossom through pregnancy, I end up with my head in a toilet trying to avoid everything and everyone for the entire 9 months until I get my cute little bundle.
I know it’s all worth it when that little person arrives but the ride isn’t all its cracked up to be and I can’t be the only one who thinks that!
I am sure at the end of this one I will look back and laugh (like a mad woman, as this is 150% my LAST bub – sorry hubby, snip time for you), though in all of my negativity right now I thought I would compile a list of the things I MOST DESPISE about being pregnant, just to get it off my chest:
- The ALL DAY SICKNESS is my number 1 most hated part. Seriously, do not, I repeat DO NOT let anyone tell you that it’s just morning. From the second I wake up until the second I fall asleep it’s all about trying to keep food down. My husband thinks it’s funny to call me vomitron, It’s not.
- Balloon feet anyone? I put on my cute sandals in the morning and then I can’t seem to see the straps by the afternoon. WHY DOES THAT HAPPEN? Where do they go? Oh that’s right, my feet have turned into balloons and engulfed them. Fun.
- Everything smells, actually it all stinks and PLEASE for the love of God don’t eat that in front of me. So far hubby has had to go and find new deodorant, shampoo and toothpaste and don’t even get me started on making toast in the morning. That is just NOT ON and I will potentially vomit on you, unless of course I want it, in which case OMG why didn’t you make me some. He loves not being able to win, ever. Sorry honey, I promise when baby arrives this will stop.
- Social events. UGGGGHHHH. How long do I have to stay? Do I really need to smile? What on earth am I going to wear? Can I go home and wallow in my own self pity yet? I promise I’ll be more fun when this baby is out!
- Missing out. Yep I know, first world problem right here. But I miss my glass of wine after a crazy week (or sometimes a crazy day), I miss sushi train. I miss soft cheese. I miss deli meats. I miss coffee (I know I can have small doses though please refer to point 3). I miss poached eggs. I actually seem to want these things MORE when I am pregnant – everything is so much more appealing when you can’t have it!
So WOW, I am the world’s biggest ball of negativity right now, I honestly can’t wait for my bubba to arrive – really, but there are just some things that are no fun at all whilst you’re pregnant and the world needs to know it’s not all fun and games, but it is worth it!
Do you have any pregnancy woes? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Main image courtesy of Shutterstock.com