There’s no better time than the present to kick-‐start your road to healthy living. Ensure your goals are achievable and understand what it is you’re trying to accomplish. Stick to it and there’s nothing that can get in your way. Start looking at things in your life that negatively affect your health, and make an active change to reduce their impact. Here are five easy tips to healthy living:
- Start exercising. Physical activity can help to maintain your weight or help to achieve your weight loss goals. It’s essential to find time in the day to exercise, even if it’s very brief. Whether it’s before work or while on your lunch break, take thirty minutes out of your day to increase your heart rate -‐ working at moderate to high intensity. Be careful not to push yourself at the beginning and break up the session with something fun like star jumps or skipping. Enjoy your workout and tailor it to your lifestyle.
- Cut down on sugars. Sugary food and drinks are high contributors to weight gain -‐ they’re also not so nice on our teeth and can cause tooth decay. It’s important to limit your consumption of sugary food and drinks in order to take the steps towards healthy living. Opt for sugar free products where possible like Bionade, a healthy soft drink that contains no added sugar and is certified organic; or Sugar Free Dark Chocolate from Well Naturally – you don’t have to sacrifice the things you love!
- Eat more fruits and veggies. Eating plenty of fruit and vegetables not only helps to maintain a healthy weight, but can also protect against a number of diseases. Try sticking to that old saying of two fruits and five veg! A little trick; add fruits and vegetables to meals where you can. For example: try bananas in your morning porridge, substituting unhealthy snacks for carrot sticks and adding veggies as a side to other meals.
- Don’t skip meals. People often skip meals to lose weight or simply because they don’t find time in their day for breakfast or lunch. Skipping meals however can have drastic consequences and may actually be preventing your weight loss by slowing your metabolism. Eating a healthy breakfast each morning like muesli or eggs will help stop nasty cravings throughout the day and provides a good portion of your daily nutrients. It will also help to set your routine for lunch and dinner, ensuring you eat three healthy meals.
- Eat and drink organically. Organic produce is chemical-‐free, and is often higher in nutrients and minerals. Don’t let the price throw you, not all organic food is expensive. Do some research to compare brands and prices and see what’s available at your local supermarket and online like organic cereal, soft drinks, and snacks. These tips are brought to you by Bionade organic soft drink. Join the #BionadeRevolution!