The Spring school holidays are almost here and the kids will want to get out and about. Here are 5 great things to do with the kids in Canberra.
- Flowers: Entertain both the kids and the adults with one super gardening festival ‘Floriade’ in Commonwealth Park. The kids corner is filled with animals and workshops to entertain the kids. Tickets start at $12. On from 17th September to 16th October.
- Movies: The National Film and Sound Archives in Acton is showing some ‘inventing the future’ kids movie flash backs from the past including ‘Up’, ‘Robots’ and more. Tickets just $8.
- Sport: Get the kids off the couch and enroll them in the Australian Institute of Sports holiday programs. Send them for a day or for a week. Prices start at $62.
- Scavenger hunt: Pack the torch and explore the Botanic Gardens at night, follow the clues and see the night life in the gardens. Running at 7pm on the Saturday nights in the school holidays. Prices start at $25.
- Science: Explore the world of spiders st Questacon with their amazing spider exhibition which includes Science shows and craft for the kids. Open everyday, prices start at $17.50.
Spring is also a great time to take a visit to the local park and don’t forget to check out your local library and shopping centre for more fun school holiday activities for the kids.
What’s on your list to do this school holidays?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Shutterstock