Bit of fun to be had. Older kids enjoy making these and all kids enjoy using them! Make great gifts
- 1/2 cup Bicarb soda
- 2-3 Tblsps Fresh lemon juice
- Sieve bicarb into bowl to remove lumps
- OPTIONAL - if you want, you can add coconut oil now. This adds moisturizing properties to the bath bombs, but it will also weigh it down, and make it fizz less
- OPTIONAL - this is also the best time to add essential oils and food colouring, if using.
- Pour strained lemon juice into spray bottle. Carefully spray mixture in bowl while you keep stirring. Juice needs to be added with spray bottle to minimise fizzing of bicarb. Don't be afraid to make mixture wet. Check if the mixture clumps together by pushing it against the side of your bowl with back of spoon.
- OPTIONAL - if you want to add decorations, place in bottom of moulds
- Scoop spoonfuls of mixture into moulds and press down firmly with back of spoon. Set aside and leave for 2-3 days to dry out. Pop them out of moulds and enjoy
- I found silicone moulds work best as it's easier to get the bath bombs out.
If your bombs crumble when unmoukding, just break up into a bowl and add more juice. Your initial mixture wasn't wet enough if it crumbles.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: