I use this DIY foaming handwash as body wash for myself and my kids as well. It saves some money and as I am not buying lots of plastic bottles, it is good for the environment!
- 1 Foaming hand wash dispenser (about 400ml)
- 4 Tbs liquid castle soap (I use Dr Bronners)
- 2 Tbs liquid glycerine
- 1 Tbs fractionated coconut oil
- 15-20 Drops essential oils
- Distilled water
- Add castle soap, glycerine, coconut oil and essential oils to dispenser. Swirl to ensure essential oils are disseminated throughout.
- Fill the bottle with the distilled water leaving a little space at the top.
- Put on lid and gently mix to combine. Use your soap!
I'm not very precise with my measurements. If it feels as though it's drying your hands out, add some more glycerine and coconut oil.
The oils will sit at the top. It's a good idea to shake the bottle before each use.
Shelf life is a couple of months. If you use normal tap water (preferably boiled and cooled) it will shorten the shelf life to maybe a month.
I usually use lavender as this oil is safe for toddlers.