My boys are growing up so fast. I’m sure that before I know it, they’ll have finished school, be driving cars and finally have grown out of their fussy eater stages and will be eating us out of house and home.
But before they grow stubble and grow up, there are so many things I’d like to make sure they know.
Here are just a few of them:
- Laugh every day. Life is far too short to not be laughing.
- When you do laugh, make sure it isn’t at someone’s expense.
- Vegetables will not kill you. Unless a tonne of carrots falls on you, you’ll be ok just eating them.
- Don’t pick your nose in public.
- Be kind to others.
- Dirty clothes go IN the wash basket, not on the floor next to it. A magical fairy will not pick them up for you when you don’t live at home. That magical fairy who currently picks the clothes up is your mother.
- Read as many books as you can.
- Never lose your imagination.
- Yes, you do need to brush your teeth twice a day, even when you’re a grown up.
- I truly hope that you have the opportunity to become a Lego Master Builder, or whatever career you dream of.
- Change your undies regularly.
- Don’t cheat.
- When you shower, you need to use shampoo and soap. Just standing there under the water doesn’t count.
- Learn how to stack the dishwasher and do the washing. Not only will it ensure your own home is clean, your future partner will appreciate it too.
- Tell the truth, but be careful of other’s feelings.
- Look after your friends.
- No matter what happens, your father and I will always be on your side and will be proud of you.
- Farts aren’t really that funny, so it is best to not laugh hysterically when someone does one.
What are some things you’d like to make sure your kids know? Please share with us in the comments below.