Sometimes it’s hard to think too far ahead; just getting through each day is a big enough challenge. With every decision we make or action we take, there is either a positive or a negative reaction.
If you are not leading a healthy life and become too busy to plan healthy meals you will suffer the consequences and may end up carrying extra kilos.
When you make the time to cook healthy food, the consequences are you will have less chance of gaining weight and you will feel healthy and energised.
Do you live to eat or eat to live? Let’s look at a few questions that may help you understand your choices and the triggers and emotions that may be hindering your health.
Take the time to write the answers to these questions:
- Start by writing down everything that you ate and drank yesterday.
- Underline the choices on the list that you feel are not healthy.
- Circle the healthy choices on the list.
- Do you have more lines than circles?
- How much water did you drink yesterday? (The recommended daily water intake is 2 litres)
- Reflecting on the day, how could you have done it better?
- If there were any bad food choices on the day, write down why you ate them.
- How did you feel an hour or two after you ate them?
- What triggers do you associate with making bad food choices and overeating?
If you are fed up and really want to improve your health, then you will have to be honest and look at what you have been doing to cause your poor health or weight gain.
Then, and only then, will you be able to move forward and make the changes needed to lose weight and become a healthy person.
Now write a list of the things that you MUST DO to become a healthy person. Write as many things as you can think of that will help you achieve this goal of becoming a healthy person. This is your plan of action from today onwards.
Then write down what you believe the results will be and how this will benefit your life.
This is your ‘why’, this is what will keep you motivated to see this through to the end. Let nothing stand in your way. Success is your only option.
Do you struggle with healthy eating? What are the main things getting in your way?