It’s that time of year again when the backyard pool will be worth its weight in gold as the mercury goes sky high over the hottest months of the year.
With so many kids and adults coming and going, it’s really important that you pool area is not only looking presentable, but it’s also safe too.
Here’s a quick and easy checklist for getting your pool area in perfect working order this summer:
1. Give the pool filter a good clean before topping up your pool with more water if the levels have gotten a little low over the cooler months.
2. Get a professional to test the water. Asking an expert to check the pH and chlorine levels is the best way to go if you aren’t confident doing this yourself.
3. Once you know what levels your pool is at, it’s time to get the expert advice on ensuring the levels are where they should be. Most pool shop customer service representatives are more than happy to help you with this as you’ll often need to purchase a product or two to get the balance right.
Until the water is clear, don’t let anyone use the pool. Allow approximately a week before taking your first dip.
4. To keep the pool looking great all summer long vacuum it each week and test the water every few weeks.
5. In Australia, all homeowners must abide by the rules of the Swimming Pools Act 1992, which states that all swimming pools must be surrounded by a Child- Resistant Barrier. As the owner it is your responsibility to make sure that the gate is in exceptional working order. If you haven’t checked our your pool gate for a few months, just make sure it is still working as it should be.
6. Lighting up your pool area for evening entertaining and extending pool time fun. By ensuring that you’ve got sufficient lighting in and around your pool area using underwater lights as well as flood lights or spot lights means that your entire family can enjoy your pool well after the sun goes down. Correct lighting in and around your pool area will also minimise the risk of accidents as the area is illuminated properly. Enjoy your pool area this summer and ensure the entire family gets to enjoy it by taking a little time to prepare your pool for the fun times ahead!
Do you have any tips to add to this list?