Getting a flat tyre on a bike is frustrating but I’ve recently learnt that changing the inner tube on a bike yourself is not only possible, it’s quite easy.
What you’ll need:
- Tyre levers
- Replacement tyre inner tube.
1. Release the brakes from the tyre. Different bikes have different brakes, pictured here are two brake options.
2. Release the wheel from your bike by releasing the bike lever.
3. Starting at the air valve, use the tyre levers to pop one side of the tyre out of the rim.
4. Remove the inner tube.
5. Carefully check tyre for any debris that may have caused the puncture.
6. Pump a small amount of air into your new tube.
7. Starting with the air valve, place inner tube inside the tyre.
8. Using your thumbs, push the tyre edge back into the rim. You may need to use tyre levers for the last bit.
9. Pump the tyre.
10. Attach the wheel back on the bike, remembering to lock in the wheel and tighten brakes.
Check out the full instructional Youtube video
Have you changed a bike tyre before successfully? Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.