Making an indoor garden terrarium is a fun activity. Something the kids would enjoy doing with you.
Not to mention… they look fantastic in your house.
What you’ll need:
- Glass container
- Bonsai soil
- Small terrarium plants (I bought plants, soil, rocks and charcoal at Bunnings)
- Put a layer of rocks on the bottom of your glass container – I prefer the rocks thick so it creates a distinct layer.
- Add a thin layer of charcoal on top of the rocks.
- Add some soil. Deep enough for the roots of your plants.
- Plant your plants.
- Use a spray bottle to water.
- You can add rocks or animals to decorate your terrarium.
Here are some I have made:
These can be made in jars and glass containers with lids or an old fish bowl or vase. These would make great presents for friends and family. They also don’t need much looking after.
Do you have a terrarium? Why not not make your own, try it and let me know how you go in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.