It’s party season at my house and my daughter has requested a pinata for her birthday party. I was looking for a simple easy way to make one, after all it gets destroyed.
This pinata is easy to make and fun to use.
What you’ll need:
- Cover your working space with newspaper.
- Blow up a balloon and place in a bowl or box to hold it.
- Mix 2 cups of flour and 1 cup of water to make the paste.
- Tear or cut your newspaper into small strips.
- Soak a strip of newspaper in the paste, remove excess and stick onto balloon.
- Repeat until balloon is covered except for the top.
- Leave to dry overnight.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to add a second layer.
- You can add a third layer if you want it harder to break for older children.
- You can paint your pinata or cover in crepe paper in any design you like.
- Pop the balloon and make holes along top of pinata to attach string to hang it up.
- Add lollies in the top and it’s ready to party.
What an easy way to make a pinata.
Do you think you might try to make one of these? Please add comment below.
Main image source: Shutterstock.comWe may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.