Store bought fruit and vegetables are often covered in pesticides, dirt and germs. But don’t worry you can easily remove all of this by making your own fruit and vegetable spray to clean them up ready for eating.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- spray bottle
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and water in a spray bottle and shake to combine.
- When you buy fruit or veg, spray lightly with wash and leave on for 30 seconds (for soft skinned fruit e.g. berries) to 1 minute and then rinse.
- Your fruit and vegetables are ready for eating or storing.
- Keep your spray in the fridge and it will last a month.
What a quick and easy way to clean your fruit and vegetables!
How do you clean your fruit and vegetables? Any tips to share? Please add your comment below.
Main image courtesy of Shutterstock.com