I love mayonnaise and home made mayonnaise tastes so amazing and creamy and very different to store bought mayonnaise.
It’s super easy and fast and you can make it one minute!
- 2 egg yolks (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups of canola oil (chilled)
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- Add the egg yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and water to a food processor and blend for 10 seconds.
- With the food processor still blending, slowly pour the oil in until all combined; this will take about 50 seconds.
- Your mayonnaise is ready to eat. This recipe makes 2 cups and the excess can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for two weeks.
How easy is that? It tastes delicious too.
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com