Kids love playdough and you don’t need to buy it, you can easily make your own at home today.
What you’ll need:
- Food colouring
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 cups of plain flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 1/2 cups of table salt
1. Pour 1 cup of warm water into a bowl (or separate into more bowls if you want to make more than one colour)
2. Add a few drops of food colouring to the water
3. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in total
4. Combine 4 cups of flour and 1/2 cups of salt in a bowl.
5. Add to coloured water and mix.
6. Knead until soft.
It’s now ready to use.
Store the playdough in an air tight container and will last a long time. Personally I find homemade playdough lasts a lot longer, is easier for the kids to use and it’s certainly more cost effective.
View the YouTube video for full instructions:
Try it out and let me know how you go. Please add a comment below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com