Do you have some old t-shirts you don’t use anymore? You could make some new skirts for your daughter – in just 10 minutes!
What you’ll need:
- An old adult’s t-shirt
- 1 inch wide elastic
1. Measure desired length of skirt for your child’s height.
2. Lay t-shirt down flat with bottom hems even, measure from the bottom the length you have chosen and add 1 and 1/2 inches for the waistband.
3. Cut the top of shirt off at your measurement.
4. Fold down top 1 and 1/2 inches and pin.
5. Sew the top seam at 1/4 inch from raw edge, leaving a 2 inch opening at the back.
6. Measure length of elastic needed for your child’s waist and cut.
7. Insert elastic into your waistband seam – use a safety pin to make it easy.
8. Sew elastic ends together – overlapping for strength.
9. Sew the opening of the seam closed.
10. Iron the new skirt and it’s ready to wear.
These look too easy not to try!
Do you like to make clothes for the kids? SHARE WITH US in the comments below.We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.