A holiday is the perfect time to get the kids crafting and decorating the house. This Easter egg wreath is simple and easy to do and looks great.
What you’ll need:
- Embroidery thread in lots of different colours
- liquid starch
- water balloons
- super glue
1. Blow up the 20 water balloons.
Submitting your rating…
2. Mix 1/2 a cup of flour with 1 cup of liquid starch.
3. Place one skein of thread looped in your mix until all wet.
4. Pull wet thread sliding off excess liquid with your fingers and wrap around one of the water balloons.
5. Repeat until all the balloons are covered.
6. Leave the balloons to dry overnight.
7. Pop the balloons and you will have gorgeous thread egg shapes.
8. Place eggs in a wreath shape and super glue them together; you can use a hot glue gun if you have one.
I think this is so cute and I am definitely going to make one for our house. I think the kids will have fun making it too.
Do you put up decorations at Easter? SHARE with us in the comments below.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com