Author Fiona Katauskas is making headlines for her children’s sex-ed book, The Amazing True Story of How Babies Are Made.
Her book certainly doesn’t shy away from sparing all the details of procreating, however it means some parents are freaking out.
“It’s one of the most amazing stories ever told—and it’s true! Funny, frank and embarrassment-free, The Amazing True Story of How Babies Are Made gives a fresh take on the incredible tale of where we all come from,” according to Kmart, where the book has been spotted recently.
Submitting your rating…
After Auburn 2144 shared images of the book to Facebook with the caption, “Okaaaaayyyy…can someone please tell me why the hell is this sold in Kmart Australia under the kid’s section? Look at the photos and the words!! Wtffffff???!”
Comments rolled in, including –
– “This is so bad,” said De Gullu.
– “So wrong,” said Hazal SU.
– “This is hell,” Tnuc Ognom
– “Broooo wth is going on,” said Malik Koto.
– “There is a classification for watching TV in what age groups can see. Why the F@&k is this book shelved for children, it’s on ground level .”
Meanwhile some pointed out…
= “Get a life people, you don’t have to buy the book and there is no chance of your kids picking it up in the shop to look at if they are properly supervised.”
– “Guys, this reflects what we need to teach students at school, and reflects what’s in the syllabus. It’s a great teaching resource and could even be used by parents when educating their children about sex.”
– “This is a non biased informative and educational way to teach children about conception. They are already learning it at school, it’s better to have parents supervision.”
– “Oh no! How dare we teach children young about things that are important.”
Read our article from last year about parents being outraged over sex-ed classes but one expert believes it is better than the alternative….
Share your comments below