Have you ever wondered what happens to you and baby in Week 9 of pregnancy?
To read week 8, please click here.
Here is a detailed list of week 9 pregnancy facts:
- The abdomen and chest cavities become separated.
- The eye muscles and upper lip develop.
- Using ultrasound, the first fetal movements can be detected.
- The nerve cells of the eye’s retina form.
- The semicircle can now serve the ears form.
- The nasal passages open to the outside.
- The nerve connections from the retina to the brain are established.
- A distinct neck connects the head to the body.
- All fingers and toes are present.
- The urinary and rectal passages are completely separate.
- You will start putting on weight now so it is a good idea to keep a record of your weight gain.
- Your gums are becoming softer and thicker because of hormone changes so you will need to pay more attention to oral hygiene.
- Now is a good time to familiarize yourself with the antenatal procedures and tests.
For more information take a look at this video: