Summer is upon us again and it can be hard enough for most of us to cope with but when you’re pregnant, the heat can be unbearable.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Here are some great ways to make sure you keep cool:
- Drink plenty of water, staying hydrated helps keeps your body cool, add ice to your drinks so that they’re extra refreshing.
- Soak in cold water, you can have a cold bath but even if you don’t have a bath tub, just soaking your feet in cold water brings down your body temperature, if you have a toddler, put your feet in the toddler pool while they play.
- Place a cold face washer on the back of your neck or forehead can cool down your body temperature, freeze the face washer for extra coolness.
- Freeze food such as yoghurt and fruit to snack on – watermelon is a BRILLIANT frozen snack.
- Head to the beach or the pool early mornings or late afternoon when it’s a little cooler for a refreshing dip.
- Wear light flowing clothes – flowing maxi dresses are great in Summer, as tight clothing can make you feel hotter.
- Buy a fan, even if you don’t have air conditioning, having a fan (or two) blowing on you can help keep you cool especially when sleeping. You can buy portable battery operated fans too which are great for when you’re out.
- Buy a spray water bottle and spray your face and body when you feel hot.
- Keep your house as cool as possible by keeping blinds and curtains shut in the day and opening up windows later in the day when it is cooler. Sleep in the coolest room on hot nights.
- Stay indoors, where possible when it’s super hot and sit on your couch, put your feet up and catch up on a favourite TV series/movies or read a book.
Do you have tips that you can share that helped you stay cool when pregnant in Summer? SHARE with us in the comments below.