Hello!

3 Comments

RECALL issued for CS Global Pty Ltd — Flashing Duck with LED Light sold at Priceline stores.

The ACCC have issued a recall for the Flashing duck range sold at Priceline stores nationally.

Priceline takes product safety seriously and wishes to advise their customers of a voluntary product recall of the following products:

Flashing Duck with LED light, blue and coral colours

Product Identification: The product can be identified by the following Item Code and Bar Code found on label of the duck/s:

Blue Duck Item Code – 16605
Blue Duck Barcode – 4713037120349

Coral Duck Item Code – 16606
Coral Duck Barcode – 4713037120356

Defect: The device underneath the duck/s containing alkaline button batteries and LED light may become dislodged.

Hazard: Should the defect occur and if the device and/or batteries/light are ingested, serious injuries can occur.

Product Availability: This product was sold nationally in selected Priceline and Priceline Pharmacy stores from 6 October 2016 until 31 October 2016.

What Should Consumers Do: Cease use immediately and return to your closest Priceline or Priceline Pharmacy store for a full refund.

Contact Details: For further information and inquires, consumers may contact Priceline Customer service on 1300 88 44 11 or visit www.priceline.com.au

If you suspect a child has swallowed a button battery, immediately call the Poisons Information Centre on 13 11 26 or go to a hospital emergency room. Do not let the child eat or drink, and do not induce vomiting.

In the video below, CHOICE conducted a test to simulate the devastating consequences of a child accidentally ingesting a button battery.

Share your comments below.

Read more:

Image via Facbeook

We may get commissions for purchases made using links in this post. Learn more.
  • I can’t believe how much damage the button batteries can do in such a short time. I get that they’re more compact, but I don’t think children’s toys should use them.

    Reply

  • I am glad Priceline has recalled these. Even if the child doesn’t manage to get them out they can leak. Children tend to put things like ducks and other birds in water, including the bath. The fact that they can be opened at all to replace the battery means they are not sealed to prevent moisture or the indgedients of soap comong in contact with it.

    Reply

  • That’s deasaster how they do this mistake ????

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by your browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join