- Makes 1
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Banana Cake in One Bowl is a huge favourite with everyone in our house!
Especially with me … because its so quick and you just throw everything into the saucepan and mix! So, So easy!
This Banana Cake made in just one bowl is absolutely perfect as I hate having to fuss around creaming butter and using multiple bowls, spoons and creating washing up!
Because this Banana Cake recipe is always such a hit, I usually triple the recipe and then cut into slices , cling wrap them and throw into the freezer. Perfect to grab out and toast for breakfast, to serve with coffee or pop frozen into school lunches. The good thing about the Banana Cake slices being frozen is that they are defrosted and fresh by recess.
I especially go crazy with triple batching Banana Cake in One Bowl when bananas are super cheap! We keep an eye on Bananas at Woolies so that as soon as they are on sale, I stock up.
The kids love taking Banana Cake for morning tea. It also means I have Banana Cake on hand for the friends that drop in for a cuppa. I have even switched out the bananas for apples or another fruit that’s on special and it works just as nicely.
Our tips for the ultimate Banana Cake …
- To get the best flavour for your Banana Cake, use really ripe bananas. Don’t worry if they’re gone a little black and wouldn’t be eaten fresh. They’ll come up perfectly in your Banana Cake.
- Don’t be afraid to add a few extra ingredients to your Banana Cake. But don’t go too heavy or the cake will end up so dense it won’t cook properly. If you want to add another fruit, reduce the amount of banana. If you want to add a little oatmeal, just add a 1/4 cup.
- Choc Chips ALWAYS go down a treat in a Banana Cake.
- Cream Cheese Icing is a beautiful way to make your Banana Cake a little more of a treat.
- Make a yummy ‘crumble’ topping for your Banana Cake by combining a few crushed disgestive biscuits, some brown sugar, some crushed walnuts (if you like nuts) and some coconut. Sprinkle this on top of the Banana Cake before it goes into the oven. Just watch the brown sugar doesn’t burn. If it begins to brown too quickly before the cake is properly cooked, move it down lower in the oven or slightly reduce the temperature.
Once you’ve tried this Banana Cake, we’d love you to come back and give us your thoughts in the comments below.
Don’t forget that if you have a recipe like this Banana Cake Recipe that you’d like to share, we LOVE sharing recipes from members. Just whip up your favourite recipe, take a photo and then share it with thousands of other Mums by POSTING YOUR RECIPE.
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 125 gms Butter
- 2 Bananas
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Self raising flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence (works without)
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan.
- Remove saucepan from heat and put in mashed bananas.
- Add egg and mix well. Stir in flour, add milk and mix lightly.
- Bake at 170 C for around 40 mins.
I love this Banana Cake in One Bowl Recipe and so do my kids so I would recommend to anyone! The fact that you can literally throw it all in to the saucepan and not have all the added mess and bowls is an added bonus. This recipe also makes perfectly into cupcakes if you find these easier or more suited to your needs. Sprinkle them with icing sugar before serving to make them look even prettier ... Enjoy!There are so many ways to make a Banana Cake ... everyone has their favourite recipe! Here's a few more from other MoM Members: