Hello!

15 Comments

A toddler was vomiting and sweating profusely after he was accidentally locked in a car.

The young boy had just been put into the car when the doors accidentally locked about 10.30am on Tuesday, Ambulance Victoria said in a statement on Wednesday, reports 9 news.

The temperature outside may have only been 25C but, by the time firefighters smashed a window and rescued him, the boy showing signs of heat stress.

“We moved him to the air-conditioned ambulance and removed his clothes to cool him,” advanced life support paramedic Jeff Edwards said in the statement.

“The boy quickly improved and he was taken to Dandenong Hospital in a stable condition.”

The boy was one of eight children locked in cars in Victoria on Tuesday, but he was the only one that needed hospital treatment.

Please be careful with kids in this terrible heat.

– On a typical summer day, the temperature inside a car (even with the windows rolled down a little) can quickly rise above 50 to 60 degrees.

– Even on a relatively mild day, the temperature inside a car can get above 40 degrees.

– At those temperatures, children are at great risk for heat stroke, which can lead to a high fever, dehydration, seizures, stroke and death.

– Anyone who sees a child left unattended in a vehicle is urged to contact Triple Zero immediately and help make sure the child gets out as soon as possible.

Last month we shared that a Mum was to face court after she allegedly left four young children in a locked car during yesterday’s extreme heat in Sydney. Read that story here.

Read more – Why parents need to STOP giving children car keys to play with

Share your comments below.

Image via Facebook

  • In my opinion, professional steam cleaners can do a much better job than a regular domestic product, i have tried one company which is Best Steam Cleaning (www.beststeamcleaning.com.au)
    They charge reasonable price and do same day services in all over Melbourne. They have a biggest truck mounted equipment and cleans carpet and remove stains in one go.

    Allan:)

    Reply

  • every year as the temperatures get hotter, this becomes a news story. it makes you wonder how comman this incident is. I think that you definately should be more careful with your kids and this should not be happening

    Reply

  • I’m sick of hearing about these stories. This should not happen! Thank goodness emergency services made it in time.

    Reply

  • Scary ! For the biy and his family !

    Reply

  • How does this keep happening?

    Reply

  • They should sell the window breaker”s they have on bus”s . Then the parents can break the window without hurting the child

    Reply

  • When will parents learn not to leave their children in their car – it’s not rocket science – merely common sense.

    Reply

  • You have to have something solid to smash the window with. You can’t just hit it with your hand. It scared me when parents gave their kids car keys to play with….even before the electronic system was introduced.
    The new electronic system scares me. Those with electric door, windows etc. How do you escape if the vehicle battery fails. Will the one on the remote open it? What happens if it goes flat at the wrong time?

    Reply

  • so scary, imagine if the temp was hotter, could have ended far far worse.

    Reply

  • Very scary, although as the others on here am unsure how anyone can accidentally lock a child in a car in this day and age- must have been an old car??

    Reply

  • I WOULD NOT WAIT for the emergency services. You can smash a window away from the child then get the child out. Glad the poor little fellow is ok.

    Reply

  • Poor little chap …hoping he has recovered well.

    Reply

  • I can’t believe this is still happening. Accidentally? Your first call then should be to Emergency Services. Thank God people are vigilante enough to, to see these situations and to help.

    Reply

  • I don’t understand how you can accidently lock your child in a car. If I didn’t have a spare I would have smashed my own car window. Hope he is okay and suffering no ill effects from this.

    Reply

  • I hope the young boy is now okay and recovering!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join