A fun science based craft – watch water move and explore colour combinations
- 6 See through cups (plastic or glass)
- 5 Drops red food dye
- 5 Drops yellow food dye
- 5 Drops blue food dye
- 6 Pieces of paper towel
- 3 Half cups of Water
- Line up cups in circle. Half full every second cup with water (leaving an empty cup in between each water cup)
- Put food dye in each cup with water so you have a red, blue, and yellow half cup of water.
- Fold paper towel 3-4 times to make a thin strip. Then fold that strip in half. Once you have 6 strips ready;
Place a strip half in the water and half in the empty cup. Then the next strip half in the empty cup and half in the next cup of water. Each paper towel should be touching water with one end, and an empty cup with the other end.
- Watch as the water starts to soak up into the paper towel! Wait at least an hour for the full effect of water being in the empty cups, and keep checking back.
Also pre-warm your child it may take a while and keep checking back through the day to see the water change!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: