In 2019 on a family trip to Vietnam’s Ho Chi Min city Mr 5 became appalled at the plastic on the streets and waterways. He asked me to “stop it”. I thought what can a mother of 4 from Sydney do to stop the plastic in Vietnam, and then moved on. A month later, he once again asked what was I doing to stop the “plastic rubbish”?
Only 10% of plastic is recycled
I undertook a bit of research into plastic pollution, rubbish and recycling. Over the years I have felt like I did my bit as my yellow recycling bin slowly became fuller and fuller and my red landfill bin became less full. I felt good until I discovered a government report that said that only 10 – 12% of plastics were recycled.
Reuse – Reuse – Reuse
Rather than recycling resources we really need to consider how can we stop using them in the first place or consider how to re-use them over and over. Like supermarket shopping bags which we have become accustomed to using multiple times.
I found a solution to reuse plastic cleaning bottles
I came across a simple genius idea from the US that has saved over 600,000 bottles entering landfill. DAZZ Cleaning Tablets contain the essential ingredients of your home cleaning products. Instead of buying a new bottle every time your cleaning bottle runs out, just buy the ingredients in a concentrated tablet, drop it in your bottle and add water.
Submitting your rating…
DAZZ is a revolution
DAZZ is the original cleaning tablet, with others now copying its success. Hopefully with DAZZ we can start an Aussie revolution , forcing mainstream manufacturers to rethink their need to supply plastic bottles with each sale. Hopefully, single use spray bottles will become a distant memory, just like grey supermarket bags.
Our house saves 4 Otto bins of plastic each year
Our family of 6 now saves disposing of 48 cleaning spray bottles and 60 hand soaps each year. It may not sound a lot but imagine the savings if 10 million Aussie households made the change to tablets. And this is only the beginning….
99.9% naturally derived
Luckily saving the planet does not come at the cost of harsh chemicals. DAZZ cleaning tablets are 99.9% naturally derived with most ingredients you can find in the kitchen cupboard: Food grade citric acid (from citrus fruits), sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), sodium carbonate (washing soda), sodium lauryl sulphate (derived from coconuts), food grade fragrance (fruit & plant oils), colourant. The foaming hand soaps are about 88% naturally derived, Sodium Bicarbonate, SLS (from coconuts), Citric Acid, Poloxamer 188, Natural Lavender FL, Natural Lemon FL ( Lemon Oil California Type / Citral Natural ).
Natural does not have to mean worse. DAZZ has been tested by TURI cleaning labs at the University of Massachusetts. DAZZ was shown to perform better than the leading consumer brands. David the man behind DAZZ has 20 years’ experience in cleaning and that shows through in product quality and performance. Performance is guaranteed with a money back offer.
7 Benefits of DAZZ cleaning tablets over traditional spray cleaning products
1. Saves oil. Plastic comes from oil, which is one of the largest CO2 polluters and causes of greenhouse gases. It is estimated that the demand for petrochemicals will account for more than a half the growth in world oil demand.
2. Saves landfill. Only around 10% of plastic is recycled, leaving 90% to enter landfill in Australia or worse the environment as pollution.
3. Saves $$. At about $2 per tablet, cleaning tablets are a super cost-effective way to clean your house and your hands.
4. Organised pantry. Who does not love a clean and organised pantry? We all know the cleaning cabinet under the sink cannot be easily tidied. In a single small click clack container you can store a years’ worth of cleaning supplies and hand soaps, no more untidy cupboards.
5. Saves your back. As we get older every kg counts when lugging home the groceries, especially when you’re on the top floor
6. CO2 savings, a single box of DAZZ can replace a whole semi-trailer of cleaning product full of water. That’s a 3,000 litre saving of diesel when shipping from Sydney to Perth.
7. Save energy, the curb size recycling program uses a huge amount of energy collecting and sorting the plastics let alone recycling some.
If a cleaning tablet works as good or better than your current cleaner, is naturally derived, saves you money, and the planet whilst making your pantry tidier, the choice is easy.
Join the DAZZ cleaning revolution www.DazzCleaner.com.au
How do YOU do your bit to stop plastic pollution? Tell us in the comments below.