A quick and easy garden pond for one's backyard. Great idea for kids to help with on school holidays.
- pond + 5 gold fish buy a cheap hard plastic pool or pond at Bunnings
- hose and rocks small amount of garden hose. Bush rocks
- Watering can + a filter Old or new can from junkie shop. Filter from a pet store that sells gold fish.
- Dig a hole unless you want an above ground pond. Place pond in ground. You may find items around your yard to recycle.
- Fill with water, attach watering can to fence and connect hose up to to so it recycles the water in pond. May need a landscaper's help or husband if he is handy with this type of thing. Attach filter if needed, can use Lilly pads to oxygenate the water
- Put rocks around the pond. We added plants from around the yard also. Add gold fish and Lilly pads
This is a great project that kids can help with.